Saturday, September 29, 2012



My Beloved Mother passed away on September 19, 2012.


She has been my strength all my life.  She has been my teacher.  

She has shown me so much love. She has never judged me thru all my trials and tribulations.  Mom was always the one constant thing in my life. Never faultering, never wavering.

In the last 3 years,  I have been her caregiver.   I have learned to be more patient, more kind and giving.  Even though I grew up knowing these things, she has helped me to apply it more fully.

I miss her so much.
My heart aches that I will not laugh with her, sing with her and hold her hands that I have ever admired.  So many times, I wonder if I did enough?  Was it something I did that made her decline come more quickly?  Instead of focusing on her Alzheimer's disease, I wish I would have focused more on the COPD.

There are so many things I meant to say to my Mother.  Thank you to Thomas Beechy and your magnificent poem.  You read my heart and gave it words.

Though there will be times I faulter and fall, may she always be in my heart and mind.
Here is another poem that speaks my heart.



She is Gone

You can shed tears that she is gone
Or you can smile because she has lived
You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love that you shared
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday
You can remember her and only that she is gone
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what she would want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.


Thank you David Harkins -You read my heart and gave it words.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVtXTWgwEQQ      "I'll Be   by Reba McEntire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMcZI8pOjjA         "Perhaps Love"   by   John Denver


http://taborfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1621201&fh_id=13067

Obituaries
Catherine V. Knowles
(August 23, 1923 - September 20, 2012) 




Catherine V. Knowles, 89, of Brighton, passed away on September 20, 2012 at her home. She was born August 23, 1923 in Cincinnatus, NY. She married John Knowles on April 21, 1942 during World War II.
Catherine is survived by her children, Mary M. Gray of Commerce City, Joseph H. Knowles of Arvada, Catherine M. Norris of Brighton, James C. Knowles of Thornton; daughter-in-law, Barbara Knowles of Westminster; 10 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her husband John in 1990 and son, John T. Knowles in 2008.
Private Services will be held at a later date.
Tabor-Rice Funeral Home is handling the arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment