Saturday, February 4, 2012


For My Mother

The Alzheimer's Prayer
Author Unknown

Please grant my visitors tolerance for my confusion
Forgiveness for my irrationality
And the strength to walk with me
Into the mist of memory my world has become

Please let them take my  hand and stay awhile
Even though I seem unaware of their presence

Help them to know how their strength and loving care
Will drift slowly into the days to come
Just when I need it most.

Let them know when I don't recognize them
That I will... I will
Keep their hearts free from sorrow for me
For my sorrow, when it comes,
Only lasts a moment, then it's gone

And finally, please let them know
How very much their visits mean
How even through this relentless mystery
I can still feel their love.


From someone on FaceBook
Fonda L A Gribner

 "Come walk with me within the shadows of my life. My mind is full of strife, yet when you walk with me through the shadows I can see a glimmer of things misplaced and forgotten. 
As we walk hand in hand through the shadows, my grief is lessened. I have stumbled,yet you support me, within the shadows, of my life. you are my anchor, my one bright spot."






No comments:

Post a Comment