Thursday, October 7, 2010

Perhaps Love (of) John Denver

Tonight I am watching a special PBS fundraiser that features  John Denver.
I seem to forget how much I do love his music until I hear it again
 Then, I just can't seem to get enough.
I start one song, then another and before I realize......time has passed and I end up with songs I "think" I have never heard before.
Of course, then I MUST go to YouTube or one of my Lyric sites and explore and expound on so many.
Oh the journeys for the heart.  Each seems to say the feelings of my emotions!
Each one brings memories.........
'Two Different Directions' is of the life with my Beloved Tim.
'Sunshine on My Shoulder' is always of  my Joanne. Throw in some Dan Fogelberg for her as well.
The list is endless....one for 'him' and this one for 'her' and then there is the baby and the pet and the Mother and of course there is a special one for the 'Father'.
On and on it goes until I am wrapped in the bubble of Colorado songs. The Eagle, the Mountain, the trees, the stream. 


I want to post so many here, but there are too, too many.
How to choose just one?
Perhaps Love says it the most:


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, C, music absolutely transports me to times and places and people as well. And it moves me, literally! Upbeat music will actually get me dancing around and songs that bring back memories can easily bring tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat.

    I also LOVE John Denver's songs, and Dan Fogelberg's as well, both who died way, way too young.

    I can't listen to The Leader of the Band without being reduced to tears as it so closely relates to what I am going through with my dad now.

    I want to thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. It sounds as though we are both in very similar situations right now, although I cannot even imagine being a sole caregiver, with no relief or help. My heart goes out to you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your lovely mom (who must have also been born in 1923, the same as my dad).. All my very best to you... Donna

    ReplyDelete